Site Network:

 



The wrong guy...

I have explained in many past posts that I date the wrong guy over and over. Interestingly, each one fills a new niche and I am not making the same mistake over and over and over again, but a new mistake into a new area. Case in point. The last guy I dated, we will call him Phil, was an educated man and seemed financially responsible. But with every guy, the wheels come off at some point. With Phil, I should have seen this when he finally told me he still lived with him Mother. Yes, you read that correctly. Phil is in his mid-30's and still lives with his Momma. I tried to be understanding when he gave me the sob story about being laid off from his well paying job, going almost 8 months without a job and having to move in to keep from losing everything. OK, I am not completely heartless and tried to understand. I will point out that in my head I was screaming, "But that was over a year ago!!!". However, this stayed in my head.

Now let's jump forward months into the future. Phil and I are exclusive. He only mildly annoys me (but all guys do so nothing new there) and we see each other almost every day. At this point you would think Phil has to know me at least a little. We talk, I share and we discuss pretty much every topic. So I ask this of you, how in the h@#& did he not know that I wouldn't want to give up my career to raise babies (and yes that is plural..somewhere around 5)! In a few discussions with Phil, I learn that he wants me to cook all the time, take care of him (he stated that that is what he is looking for) and sees our relationship as 60/40 and that is a compromise for him. I actually thought my head was going to explode.

I am sure you can guess that Phil and I broke up. Big surprise there!! In a discussion after the fact I finally let him know what I thought about all of THAT.

It is during this discussion that he informs me that I am not feminine. As a woman I am baffled. I wear skirts, put on makeup and occasionally fix my hair. So what exactly does this mean? I am glad you are also wondering this!

So I ask Phil to please explain (I did not say it so nicely to him though, I am cleaning up the language of course). He then proceeds to tell me that I am not feminine because I do not want to do womanly things. And by this he means cook, clean and constantly ask him how I can take care of him. He also informs me that I am too smart, too independent and do not make men feel needed. It is this last piece that is what really got him going. Boy, did this guy go on an on about how he didn't feel needed and how I had hurt his manhood. At this point I heard quite adamantly about how I would never find a guy because I didn't know how to keep a man and how the fact that I could take care of myself was wrong for a woman. He explained that no guy wants a woman like that. Hmmm...interesting.

Well Phil and his manhood went bye-bye back to his mom's house. I guess no one can take care of him like his Mommy!!

Damn, do I pick them or what!

And ladies, he was a well-educated engineer in sheep's clothing. Beware.

posted by Sonya @ 11/03/2010 05:23:00 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog