Site Network:

 



Questions we all ask...well at least I do....

I like to think that we are all inquisitive about the vast things in life. I truly hope I am not strange in wondering the things I wonder. I recently started looking for books or websites that might help to answer those questions. Here are a few questions that I finally found answers to.

Why does the milk in the fridge never taste as cold as water or juices? Well, I am glad you asked. As it turns out, they are all at the same temperature but the milk has fat solids and is perceived to be not as not as cold as other liquids.

Why are labels on magazines placed upside down? Baffling, yes! Well again, I am glad you are just as curious. As is turns out, the labels are placed upside down to accommodate the mail carriers since all magazines are bound on the left-hand side. Most mail carriers (as with most people) are right-handed and therefore will pick up the magazine with their right-hand to read the label. This will turn the magazine upside down and the label right side up. Voila!

What is the difference between the ocean and the sea? This one really got me. Never understood what the difference really was. As it turns out, an ocean is larger than a sea. Thus, size delineates which term is used. Hmmm...begs to ask the question of what the parameters are.

Where do all the missing pens go? Sadly enough readers I cannot explain this one. No one seems to have the answer. I imagine there is a large place full of pens enjoying the time off. I would write that down for future reference but you can imagine what the problem is....

To all, I hope this answers some of those nagging questions you have pondered for years. I will try to answer some more of life's great mysteries in the near future. Ahhh, so many questions....

Labels:

posted by Sonya @ 11/03/2010 04:30:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At November 6, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wondering Dr. Bierbower,

I have one of those mysteries that I just cant seem to find the answer to. I was wondering if maybe you could help me. Why is it that when you put a pair of socks in the dryer it seems like only one comes out? Where is my other elusive sock?

Sincerly,

Frustrated Sock Owner(Jeremy Peck)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog