Site Network:

 



What I learned this week...

Each week I feel that there is a new lesson to be learned.

This week was a very humbling week for me. While I am not the type of person to feel that they know it all and could not possibly learn more, I realized how much I need the others around me to learn all that I need. I find it so sad that so many educated people feel the need to show superiority over others not as well educated. I was humbled by the technician that knows so much more than I will learn in the many years to come.

I learned that learning something so new and far removed from what I have ever done is very intimidating. I also learned to swallow that intimidation and move forward to learn the cool things in science.

I learned that friends make life changing moves not so scary. I realized that I am truly lucky by having friends in the new city and being able to connect with them like so many years ago. Time and distance does not necessarily diminish a friendship. This makes me feel better for my many friends all over the country that I would hate to ever lose.

I most importantly learned that one can be completely happy with no home to call their own (staying with friends) and no expensive possessions to keep them entertained (other than this laptop of course but that has become a necessity and not a luxury). :D

posted by Sonya @ 3/28/2010 09:42:00 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog