Site Network:

 



An Afternoon At The Window...

Last weekend was a beautiful weekend here in Kentucky. The weather was amazing. My typical weekends include most of day light hours spent in the lab where I do research. However, this past weekend, I needed time to study for an exam that was earlier this week. And since I am always thinking what is best for my course work (insert chuckle here), I decided that I could just as effectively study at my apartment. I made my way home after a few short hours in the lab. Upon reaching home, I prepared my study space at my desk. There is a nice big window that overlooks the parking lot and towards the back of 2 other buildings. My little brain decided this would be the perfect spot, with the window open, a nice breeze coming through and not much for distractions.....

I think we often forget that, when not in the privacy of our own homes....people can see the things that we do. In most cases, no one would care enough to pay attention. I, on the other hand, was efficiently avoiding studying and did in fact notice.

Distraction #1:
Enter stage left...little Hispanic male. When I say 'little' I am referring to about 5 ft and that may be being generous on the vertical inspection. Luckily enough for all the ladies out there, he does not have a Napoleon complex and proves this by driving a Ford Expedition with large tires almost twice as tall as he is. Entering the vehicle is quite a distraction. This is where you see him reach up for the door handle and open the door. He then pulls himself up onto the running boards to catapult himself inside the cab of the vehicle. That alone was interesting enough, but it gets better.

Not only does Mr. Shortstuff entertain me with his mighty vehicle, I have decided that he is very lonely (or very weird). You see, Mr. Shortstuff is in LOVE with his vehicle. Starting very early in the afternoon, he sat and stared at his love. He laid next to it while talking on the phone, ran his hands down her windows and doors. He even opened doors periodically as if just to say 'I care'. He then proceeded to sit and just watch her over a long period of time. I must admit that I have never seen a man run his hand over a bumper in an intimate way before. You wouldn't believe it unless you saw it too.

Apparently he didn't find this at all weird. In fact, I think he felt a pulling while they were separated. He would disappear into his apartment for only moments at a time, to quickly return to his one true love.

As you can imagine, this was all very entertaining. I did not get much studying done and laughed out loud quite a few times. The show was pretty spectacular. But with every show, you must wait for the phenomenal ending to upstage the performance. Mr. Shortstuff had a trick up his sleeve.

Just as I thought he was going to become boring, Mr. Shordstuff opened his driver door, hopped up on the running bored and looked at himself in the mirror. I am not just discussing a passing glance to see if there a leaf of lettuce in your teeth. This was the full blown, look myself up and down as much as I can see in a tiny mirror attached to my door, kinda stare. And just so you know how much he loves.....um.....him.....I watched this little 'glance'. He stared and checked himself out for no less than 15 minutes. He smiled and would turn his head to see if he had the 'catch your breath look'. And to not let me down, he tried multiple smiles and then just decided starting at himself was enough. He didn't need to show off for........himself.

All in all, he was very amusing and I wasted at least a good hour or two of study time. Till next weekend at THE WINDOW (cue daytime drama show music).

posted by Sonya @ 3/28/2007 05:15:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At March 29, 2007 at 8:27 AM, Blogger Sakshi said...

Hhahahaha...
Too funny :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog