Site Network:

 



Holiday of Love?

What is it about love that causes so many people to lose who they are? For so many, love means finding someone else to hide yourself in, so as not to be yourself. There seems to be nothing sadder than those out there wanting love by another so bad, that they are in love with the idea of being 'in love', to much to actually fall in love. It seems somewhere in time, we have irrevocably associated happiness with relationship. I am willing to admit there are many that find one person who loves them for who they are and not who they can be. This unfortunately, is rare and a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The idea of love does not make me hate the Valentine's Holiday. It's the concept of honoring the one you love on this one special day, while dishonoring them every other day. This is not meant to those few who truly treat everyday as a holiday, but it is to those do not.

I am not a romantic, but I understand that love should be an everyday, bring out the fire works, event. How many times in your life can you completely give yourself, heart and soul, to another human being to only ask the same in return?

Love is not an act, but it is a "knowing". Knowing that this one person will be there for you when you need them without uttering a word or knowing that at the moment when the world has let you down, there will be one to stand guard while you pick yourself up.

So you see, I am not angry at the idea of love. But I am angry at the idea that you can buy love!

When something that is supposed to be private, becomes very public what possible meaning could be left? To show ones love and to flaunt ones love are two very different things. It is time that we went back to basics and not to the mall.

Labels: ,

posted by Sonya @ 2/12/2007 10:20:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 at 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I will take an order of Orchid, Diamonds, a merc -to go :P
I don't see the need to show that special someone you care -just one day of the year.
I want them to show how much they care, the year around..
Maybe that is my problem :)

 
At February 13, 2007 at 9:06 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

I find that this is precisely my problem. I expect them to respect me and value who I am each and everyday....not treat me like crap and then by me flowers and chocolates on Feb 14. And that definetly doesn't make up for it since flowers die and chocolate makes me fat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog