Site Network:

 



Lack Of Sleep...Due To Rats!

I have never been one to have nightmares or really bad dreams. I sometimes have those dreams where someone is chasing me and I seem to just get away. But none of that is what I am experiencing now...

I recently started this book about Rats. It goes through the history of many rat caused catastrophes (i.e., potato famine, etc.), as well as how rat populations are able to excel in man-made conditions. It seems that most people in large cities don't realize that rats can live exclusively off of dog feces. They actually thrive on this as a primary food source. And yet so many pet owners are to lazy to clean up after their animals.

This book also explains (in first five chapters...will explain below) how rats have been, are and will most likely be in the future the cause of many pandemics. It seems that rats are the only species, other than humans, that will cause their own demise. They will butcher each other just as many human populations have done in the past. Surprisingly, that is not what has me terrified in my sleep and keeps re-occurring in my dreams.

It's the fact that, to this day, there are many cases where rats creep into homes and bite off noses and toes of people. It was and is, more common in poverty stricken areas. However, there are still cases of these rodents going after humans while they are sleeping.

This is where the lack of sleep is coming from. I have only been able to get through the first 5 chapters. Since I like to read before bed, this is obviously not one of the books I will be picking up in the near future. But to my loyal readers, I will finish the book and share all that I have learned...this one just may take awhile.

So...stay well and keep the rats away....

Labels:

posted by Sonya @ 1/24/2007 09:37:00 AM,

4 Comments:

At January 24, 2007 at 12:30 PM, Blogger Sakshi said...

Did you forget that you have two cats at home? I mean they will at least kill the damn things if not eat them.. You do know that, right?

 
At January 24, 2007 at 12:36 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

@ Sakshi--I have cats!! Aren't those like BIG, furry rats?? Great...now I have to move...

 
At January 24, 2007 at 2:43 PM, Blogger Sakshi said...

You think your Cats are big FURRY RATS!!! Damn, you need more help than I previously thought.
And btw- cats don't nibble your nose off - they bite to kill. So yes, Move NOW!!

 
At January 24, 2007 at 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow 'rats can live exclusively off of dog feces'! I didn't know that!
Well hope u have rat-free dreams...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog