Site Network:

 



It's A Girl

I am very excited to write that my little sister is having a girl. It's not that I have something against boys...it's just the girls are better. I am excited about the prospect of enlightening this little girl on the wonders of this world. I look forward to the day when I can take her to the zoo or explain all about the animals in the sea. I just know she will be curious like I was at a young age and I will be there to feed that curiosity.

I am blissfully ignoring that there may be any chance that she will not be like me. This little girl is going to love science and animals and ask her wonderful aunt (that's me) all about life. And I, being the science dork that I am, will happily share my knowledge with her. I hope to always be involved in her life, lending my support and a shoulder when she needs it.

I am excited about the day she will arrive. I often wonder what she will be like and will we grow up to be close like her mother and I. Will she be happy and respectful as children should be to all adults. Will she want to be a tomboy and play outside in the dirt. I hope she has a long and happy childhood to remember and build on in the future.

I will do my best to make her happy and show her as much as I can. I wish her the best and offer my unconditional and undying love and protection for life, just as I have given her mother. Here's to family.....

Labels:

posted by Sonya @ 1/20/2007 02:47:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2007 at 3:26 PM, Blogger Sakshi said...

YIPPEEEEEEEE.. A girl. I was so happy when my neice was born.She is the brightest and the most joyous part of my life.
You are so going to enjoy being an aunt.
PS- Also a neat trick is to teach her annoying habit to get back at youu sibling :P

 
At January 20, 2007 at 3:46 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

@Sakshi -- You are so right about the annoying habits...really looking forward to those...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog