Site Network:

 



Sarcasm: Learn To Not Be The Target

We all express our feelings in different ways. That is what makes us unique. However, there are disadvantages to all situations and sarcasm is no different, especially to those who do not have that gene.

There are too many times for me to count, when I make a very funny sarcastic remark...with the recipient staring blankly, blinking repeatedly (cue cricket noise in background). Here are a two humorous (you should have been there) examples of said unnoticed sarcasm:

We will call said boy, Bob. Now, Bob isn't the sharpest tool in the shed (use of word tool has double meaning). He is by all rights.....a smiling, nodding, pretend you get the joke...tard. On many occasions, another sarcastic girl (not mentioned by name but makes reoccuring remarks throughout blogs, we'll call her M) and I often make remarks that are so obvious to be untrue...that we wonder if said boy has both brain cells working. One of the last and most memorable conversations we have had in the vicinity of said boy (he knows no social ettiqute on eavesdropping) was over M taking care of my cats while I was gone for over a week. Upon returning...Bob said how nice my cats were (creepy since he has never seen my cats in any way or for that matter, me outside of school). I told Bob that they were dead now because M didn't feed them the whole time I was away. He was very traumatized by this statement and proceeded to explain how he would not talk to her anymore and would be very upset. Bob inquired as to why I was not upset...to which I simply stated....I made them into rugs for the fireplace I don't have and got new ones, they're only cats. He asked how I could make them into rugs..don't I miss them? I nicely explained that I don't miss them, because they are rugs and I see them everyday. Yes, ladies and gentlemen...Bob is a moron...I left the conversation at that...with M and I both laughing..

Another humorous moment that occured (for us..not so much them)..again with M and I present...was concerning another individual. We will call him WB. Now, so I don't seem like I'm just picking on boys...WB in most cases has a sense of humor. But for some reason he is unable to pick up on obvious saracastic remarks. The incident occured while M and I were causually talking about nothing important. WB enters and inquires as to were I live (for the 3rd or 4th time...still unable to understand locations importance) and I told him the location (again). He then remarks that there is a bar on the corner right where I live. He inquires if I get drunk on said corner. I in turn respond, "No, I get drunk on the other 3 corners". He gives me a puzzled look, takes a moment and seriously states that there are no bars on the other corners. I calmly respond that yes, I understand that...I just prefer being drunk on the other corners...

I do not think WB ever really understood that conversation. But, M and I had much amusement over this conversation.

--> A Tip for those who do not get sarcastic humor: the big clue is that when the people talking are laughing so hard that their eyes water....they may be taking you for a ride...learn to get off the train!!

Labels:

posted by Sonya @ 1/10/2007 12:44:00 PM,

6 Comments:

At January 10, 2007 at 1:42 PM, Blogger Sakshi said...

LOL.. I am so going to miss being around somebody who gets sarcasm :)

 
At January 10, 2007 at 1:44 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

@Sakshi -- Me too, I finally find a partner in crime. Sarcasm truly is a gift that needs to be shared with all the world..one person at a time!

 
At January 10, 2007 at 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha... too funny! Keep up the sarcasm... so that we have more stories:)

 
At January 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE to rub my feet through cat rugs, you know...to feel normal. I

 
At January 12, 2007 at 12:36 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

@dp -- I forgot to send the rugs over to you after they were made...how thoughtless of me...it won't happen again. We all know what happens when you don't feel normal...we don't want to go through that "episode" again!

 
At January 28, 2007 at 5:16 AM, Blogger Prashanth said...

Uahahahaaaa... LOL... (wipes a tear)

Too good Sonya... will drop by more often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog