Site Network:

 



This City

The city of San Antonio, TX that I live in is quite a city. I can say horrible things about it and there are a few good things as well. But mostly the driving of the people is driving me crazy! I have never been somewhere before that has a complete and utter lack of driving laws and just common sense. The dumb things that these people do are just dangerous. So what I have learned most about this Texas town is that the drivers are stupid. 1. Slowing down to get on the interstate. I know. That just sounds illogical. Well, it is. They seem to think that they might have a problem getting on the interstate of 65mph so they slow down to assess the traffic. It just seems pretty stupid to me to do 45 or 50mph onto an interstate where people are going 65mph. I wonder why other people honk or yell at these idiots. OK, maybe just me. 2. Stopping to see if they can merge with traffic. Yep. Another one that just seems to stupid to be true. But they do it. The on and off ramp is the same and short. So instead of just going and know that the the person getting off has to let you on, so you keep moving attitude, they do not. Instead, they stop and wait until there is no traffic coming. Let me remind you that San Antonio is the 7th largest city. So I ask you, what do you think are the odds that no one is coming off the interstate? So you can see the frustration. My favorite is right around rush hour when the other roads or interstates become parking lots because stupid people are waiting to get on the interstate. 3. Going below the speed limit on the interstate. Didn't think I would ever have to complain about something like this. But yes, here in San Antonio many people can't seem to drive at 65 mph. Why? WHy? WHY? I really really really don't understand. 4. Hitting your breaks on the interstate when taking the exit ramp. Ok, you have me here. Are they afraid that the exit may just drop off? 5. Not following the white lines. At a stop light when turning, why are the white lines optional? I have almost been hit many times when the second lane turns into the second lane but the first lane takes the first and second lane. I am supposed to automatically go into the third lane? I don't understand. If your big stupid truck cannot turn the corner don't drive it or get into the second lane. Why is this so hard. 6. Inching off at the green light. This is infuriating. Why do you finally find the time to hit the gas pedal. There shouldn't be 30 secs more of us sitting at the light waiting for everyone to move. Come on people. 7. You have to be on guard here. More times than not, people just aren't paying attention and cross over the white and yellow lines. I use my horn regularly to remind people that even a mini cooper needs more room in my lane. The weather is hot, the people are not so great and the traffic is stupid. I don't love this city. I can barely contain the road rage over the stupid people here. This may be biased due to the fact that I almost got hit twice on my 10 minute ride to work this morning.

posted by Sonya @ 8/22/2013 09:44:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog