Site Network:

 



Life Lately...

Dear You,

Amazingly enough, life doesn't change all that much in Grad School. Each day starting like the one before...just trying to cross things off my to do list. I am sad to say that the list grows longer and the crossing off is barely noticable. It seems that at every moment and around every corner, something stands in the way of me and my research that is urgently needing to be done. With so many undergraduates asking their million or so questions and time consuming smaller projects...I feel that I am going to be here forever. Although I suppose I could just be tired since it has been many hours in the lab today as seems to be the pattern....I worry I may forget where home is.

So, my thoughts just express the annoying, yet strong feeling of unproductiveness, eventhough each step I complete is progress in its' own way. It just seems there are to many steps to get the results I need.

Sincerely,
Whiny in Kentucky

posted by Sonya @ 1/30/2008 08:38:00 PM,

5 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Blogger Pam said...

You really gotta like science to put up with all the other stuff that goes with it! Even when you aren't distracted by others, the work is slow-going; therefore, it feels like an eternity.
Pam

 
At January 31, 2008 at 11:07 PM, Blogger Sakshi said...

Dear Whiny in KY,
I am saddened to tell you that while things look marginally better, this is as good as life gets.
Desperately miserable in CA.

 
At January 31, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Pam -- Yes to the first part. Without love for what we do...we would just be considered insane. Why else would someone torture themselves for so long with little reward at the end. Great..now I just depressed myself.

:)

 
At January 31, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Dear Miserable,

Well.. I see your point, but I must point out some positives on your end..not currently present on mine....

First, you are in CA.

Second, you are in CA, where there is sun.

Third, you are in CA, where there are more than 4 people within dating age and profession...3 of them here happen to be mentally disturbed...we know how I found that out..no need to re-hash that story.

Fourth, you are in CA...did I mention that...you have beaches there...we do to...but a different kind...sort of slang thing..I think.

So, while I understand all is not rosy...don't you dare pack up before I can experience sun and beaches...this will be an insult in which I will be forced to send you a cat hair pillow..and possibly a cat hair stitched blanket.

 
At February 1, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Blogger Sakshi said...

Dear whiny,
Thank you for making me see the positives. While I can see your point about the sun and the beaches (its a great view from my window by the way), I have to tell you that boys remain.. boys here too.
Sigh.
When you come here may be we should find a way to avoid the retards and attract the normal kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog