Site Network:

 



I Am Who I Am...

Why can't some understand that people have lives that are due to choices, not consequences. So many people talk to me or about me as if my choices are because I have no options. My friend, that is not the case. Those close to me will truly understand the feelings behind this blog. For the others, please understand that all people are not alike. Some have different values and goals, as well as, dreams that make us who we are. For some of us, we are willing to give up some things to obtain others.

I write this because so many times in the past I have had to justify who I am or the things that matter most to me, or more importantly, don't matter to me. I don't think that I am different or deluding myself, as I have heard so many times in the past. I have looked at my life, identified what is most important to me, and made those decisions to guide me. Actually, my life is the way it is because it is the choices I made along the way. Everyone assumes that someone without a significant other is unhappy. I have a feeling that they have this picture in their minds that we are wandering around trying to find someone to partner up with. I see a big game of musical chairs....

Let me clear this up......

This is in fact very untrue.

I examined what I wanted out of life, made decisions to move forward and have no problem not waking up to someone each and every morning. Life is not a race and I want so much for myself, finding someone else is last on my priorities list. In so many ways I feel sorry for girls that cannot live moments without a guy by their side. How will you ever find out who you are? I admire those that find someone they know is the person for them and are truly happy. That was meant to be. I suppose I am speaking more to the others that go from guy to guy searching for someone to make them whole. Sadly enough, they will never find that missing piece in someone else, and yet they won't listen.

So, before you fault me for wanting more than a partner, look to those that cannot stand on their own. Those are the ones that need your words of encouragement, they are the ones that are lost. I am moving forward, they are moving sideways.....

posted by Sonya @ 4/11/2007 05:39:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At April 12, 2007 at 1:46 PM, Blogger Sakshi said...

There with you, Sistah!

If you are satisfied with your life, what others say (however close they might be to you) - DOES NOT MATTER!

You are happy. That all that counts. It's not like you get a 'do-over' in life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog